A Rockdale County and Conyers, Georgia Criminal Lawyer, and Former State Court Judge, Committed to You
Providing skilled defense against your criminal charges
If you have been accused of a crime and you feel like your back is against the wall, seek the solid advice and guidance of a seasoned criminal defense attorney at The Law Offices of William F. Todd, Jr., P.C. I understand the fear and stress you feel when facing criminal charges, but it is my goal to relieve that burden from you. I help you understand the allegations against you, I thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your arrest, and I create a strategy for setting forth a strong defense. Don’t try to face your charges alone — let me help.
Experience makes all the difference
In 1979, I began practicing criminal law in Georgia. Today, thousands of Georgians in both Rockdale County and Conyers trust The Law Offices of William F. Todd, Jr., P.C. with their criminal defense matters. I have nearly unsurpassed experience in criminal law, first as a Chief Assistant District Attorney, and then as a state Court Judge.
Making the right choice
Even a cursory Internet search reveals hundreds of criminal defense lawyers in Greater Atlanta. Many of these lawyers are inexperienced, or only handle criminal matters as a side practice area. Since the day I raised my right hand and swore to uphold the law, my primary professional passion has been the practice of criminal defense. But what really sets my office apart?
- Strong commitment. A great source of pride for me is the commitment I made to treat every case as if my own liberty was at stake. My experience helps me keep that commitment.
- Connection. Many lawyers try their best to avoid their clients. From the minute you walk in the door, I promise to be the exception. I make myself accessible so I can be there when you need me the most.
- Extensive experience. Not only have I served as a prosecutor, a Georgia State Court judge and now a defense attorney, I am also nationally known for my innovative DUI sentencing program. I lectured across the country for Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Sincere compassion. I developed a DUI treatment and sentencing program called the Todd Program, which helped reduce repeat DUI offenses by aggressively ordering treatment and a structured life for DUI offenders. This program was a precursor to the DUI and drug courts that are now being established in many states including Georgia. I also developed a pretrial diversion program to assist first offenders accused of drug, theft or violent offenses.
Capable representation in multiple areas
I have handled thousands of legal matters over the years, including:
- Violent crimes — Often, a simple disagreement can morph into a serious criminal accusation. I understand how violent crime charges originate, and how to successfully handle them.
- Drug crimes — Drug crimes can include anything from possessing painkillers with an expired prescription to selling cocaine on the street corner. Each crime is unique, and so is my approach to your defense.
- Sex crimes — Few matters threaten both your liberty and your reputation more than a sex crime prosecution. I understand how to protect both.
- Theft — Whether you are accused of stealing a loaf of bread or a car, the issues are basically the same. I listen to the circumstances surrounding your theft arrest, and make sure the jury hears your side of the story.
- White collar crime — This category includes matters such as fraud and embezzlement. A white collar crime conviction can have a major negative impact on your career, and I do my best to see that you avoid those consequences.
- Traffic violations — Even a seemingly minor speeding ticket can have serious and far – reaching consequences. I work to protect your driving record and your driver’s license.
- DUI — I know what DUI defense strategies are successful, and what strategies are unsuccessful. I work hard to protect your best interests in DUI cases.
- Family law — Another source of pride for me is that I can help with your family matters. My legal team can assist you with divorce, custody, modification, property division and all your other family law issues.
Act now to have an experienced Georgia criminal defense attorney work for you
Preparation is the key to success in many areas of life, including criminal defense. The sooner you contact me, the sooner I can begin preparing your defense and the more effective that defense can be. Contact me today at 770-679-2444 or online to arrange your free initial consultation.